Summer Fun with the Arrowbear Lake Fire Department
Entrepreneur Journal
Journal
Last week’s “50 Things List” and
this week’s “Points of Pain” activities were very eye-opening for me. As I
wrote things I still would like to do or accomplish, I realized how different
this list was compared to what I would have written in my 20’s. I realized how
some things (particularly material things) are less important to me now. I also
realized that priorities change over time. Most importantly, I realized how
blessed my life has been thus far. Looking back I am able to see the Lord’s
hand guiding and directing me. I have also seen times where I have relied on my
own understanding and my own will and desires and during those times have seen
lees growth and progress. It reminds me of the verses in Isaiah 55:8-9, “For my
thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your
ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
As I thought about future business
activities, I realized I have had ideas that others have acted on and while I
could still do them, I would not be the first (such as preprogrammed, self-installed
home security systems). I realized that I still have ideas that have not been
brought to market (my unique design for a stroller/car seat or an “On-Star”
type integrated home security/concierge service). I can see a great benefit to
me of this class and this journal being that it gets me to think, it can be a
goal prompt, and in the end it may inspire me to act.
“$100 Challenge” Progress
For the $100 Challenge I have
narrowed down my ideas to a final idea. I am going to start a nonprofit company
to raise money for my selected recipient. My selected recipient is William in
Ghana. My company is going to be William’s Water. I am going to purchase
bottles of water from Costco, relabel them with an informative label about
William and his water venture in Ghana, and hire young people to sell the
water. I checked out the cost of Costco bottled water and the hourly rate I
would need to pay to recruit youth to sell it. I am going to create a
spreadsheet to record initial capital, expenses, profits, and retained earnings
used to grow the business.

No comments:
Post a Comment