Friday, October 2, 2015

B 283 Week 2 Entrepreneur Journal




 60 Year Old Pipe + 175 P.S.I. = Street Fountain

Entrepreneur Journal
Journal
Wow, information overload this week. So many articles and videos. The common theme was innovation and creativity. Something in the HMM material caused quite a bit of reflection on my part. As they went over some myths about creativity, they talked about creativity and age. They said, “in the business world, the necessary creativity can be found in an adult of any age. At the same time, however, expertise can inhibit creativity: experts sometimes find it difficult to see or think outside established patterns.” (http://www2.byui.edu/HMM10/innovation_and_creativity/creativity_is_ misunderstood.html) I realized that while my age might not be entirely stifling my creativity, I may be limiting what options I consider as I set goals and plan, because of my age.
Greg Hansen’s Creative Journey presentation helped me remember the value of mediation in creative thinking. I resolve to spend some of my Sunday afternoon hammock time in relaxing meditation. Using the thoughts from the Ideas Come From Everywhere video, I am going to really try to enhance my thinking” process. (http://ecorner.stanford.edu/authorMaterialInfo.html?mid=1524)
I found an appropriate quote from actor, Hugh Laurie about taking action, I really like. He says, “It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is every ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.”

“$100 Challenge” Progress
I participated in the discussion board with the class. I didn’t get a lot of feedback on my ideas. Not a big deal, as I have pretty much settled on my idea and no one came up with any substantial obstacles I might encounter. So, for the $100 Challenge I am going to start a nonprofit company to raise money for my selected recipient, William in Ghana. The next step is to start working on my one-page business plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment