Saturday, November 21, 2015

B283 Week 9

 

  

LET IT SNOW!!

Entrepreneur Journal

Journal

Balance. I love the way the lessons incorporate spiritual learning with secular knowledge. It is so important to our success and happiness in life to find the proper balance. I enjoyed Elder Perry’s talk “United in Building the Kingdom of God” from April 1987 General Conference. He really focused on our role and responsibility we have as members of the Lord’s Kingdom. He says, “The important point is that the Lord condemns both the preoccupation with worldly possessions and the lack of occupation with building His kingdom, whether it is a consequence of having too much or too little.” This week was very busy, again. I had a full load with school classes and assignments, work commitments, and church commitments. Still, I was blessed to be able to spend time with my girls finding new family names on familysearch.com and I had the opportunity to go with our youth (including my daughters) to the temple today and had a wonderful experience ‘building the Kingdom of God.’ That's the balance that brings a special kind of peace and satisfaction.

I also enjoyed the Harvard Manage Mentor section on process improvement. Of all the things I’ve done in business, this type of analytical and process improvement is the most exciting to me. I love taking on challenging situations and solving them in an efficient and cost-effective way. For me, it is fun.

 “$100 Challenge” Progress

Headline November 21, 2015, “Part-time business suffers from lack of priority, time and focus.” I’m really realizing why venture capitalists want to see a business owner be able to put a 100% focus and priority to a new business venture. When you can’t make it a top priority, no amount of good intentions can make up for that. We did do a short time of sales and generated an additional $38 in profit. Like I said last week, I’m still hopeful for a couple more Saturdays for sales and more profit to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment