Sunday, November 8, 2015

Week 7 Leadership

William's Water Sales

Entrepreneur Journal

Journal
Leadership. Some wonderful articles and videos this week on what it means to be a leader. What a blessing it is to be able to study this topic and include religious and spiritual examples and teachings of leadership. I loved President Kimball’s testimony of the Savior, “Perhaps the most important thing I can say about Jesus Christ, more important than all else I have said, is that he lives. He really does embody all those virtues and attributes the scriptures tell us of. If we can come to know that, we then know the central reality about man and the universe. If we don’t accept that truth and that reality, then we will not have the fixed principles or the transcendent truths by which to live out our lives in happiness and in service. In other words, we will find it very difficult to be significant leaders unless we recognize the reality of the perfect leader, Jesus Christ, and let him be the light by which we see the way!” I was truly inspired this week to study more and diligently strive to improve on my leadership qualities while recognizing my weaknesses and exercises more self-discipline to overcome them. With that said, another thing I recognized this week is that I don’t need to do it on sheer will power alone. I know if I have faith, the Lord will help me.
 “$100 Challenge” Progress
LAUNCH!!! We launched our sales of William’s Water! We chose two locations, the Post Offices in Crestline and Lake Arrowhead. My youth worker sold in front of the Post Office in Lake Arrowhead and sold for 2 ½ hours and sold on average 6 bottles per hour. I sold in front of the Post Office in Crestline and sold for 3 hours and sold on average 16 bottles per hour. After debriefing with my youth worker, we determined that her slower sales were due to a substantially lower amount of foot traffic in her location. It was determined that next week she would work the Crestline Post Office for 5 hours during prime Saturday traffic. Our profit for today’s sales after inventory and wages came in at $92, not bad at all!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment