Saturday, December 12, 2015

B283 Week 12




 


Red Rocks of Colorado

Entrepreneur Journal

Journal

Failing forward. Well, I am very well acquainted with failure. Hopefully I have learned from my failures in a positive and helpful way. This week’s material has helped me put my failures into perspective. Reading everyone’s examples of entrepreneurs who have overcome failure to go on to great successes was encouraging. As our semester winds down, I am reflecting on how I have shared my experiences with the class. I hope I have been encouraging, positive, and able to share in a way that helps others avoid some of the mistakes I’ve made. All in all, I have learned a lot from this class and appreciate the wide variety of case studies and the challenge of putting ourselves in the heads of entrepreneurs and business owners.  

 “$100 Challenge” Progress

I really enjoyed putting together the narrated PowerPoint presentation on the “$100 Challenge.” It gave me the opportunity to reflect on the experience and what I had learned. I really did not need the experience of what it feels like to have a small business (been there, done that). What I realize that what I did need was the experience of the complete package, from start to finish, in somewhat of a compact form. Like our hero focus this week, Tom Nall talked about wanting to have the biggest paper route, not for the money, but just to say he had the biggest paper route. It was about the challenge. While I did not reach my lofty goal of $750, I did do really well with $239. For me it was not about the money – it goes for a good cause, it was about the challenge and I am glad I rose to it. It feels really good. I’m proud of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment