Saturday, October 24, 2015

B283 Marketing Week

Brandon Flowers Concert with Beautiful Daughter Julia



Entrepreneur Journal
Journal
Another week with information overload. So much great information on marketing. I appreciated the basics taught in the Harvard Manage Mentor assignment. These essentials are very important and applicable in an established organization. Their definition explains it clearly, “Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, and services to create exchanges that satisfy individuals' and companies' goals.” For small business creation, innovation, and creativity, I found the fastcompany.com article “In Praise of the Purple Cow” by Seth Godin to be creative and entertaining. I loved the example of the smart elevator created by the Schindler Elevator Corporation. Thinking up these types of solutions that lead to commercial success is something that excites me. I realize I do these types of things in my current career as a water district manager. One of the innovative, money-saving ideas I have come up with is a way to perform water main line replacement using our core employees and temp workers instead of contracting with an outside pipeline contractor. This plan will save the district two million dollars over the next ten years. It’s my experience that a key to successful marketing or market creativity is a keen analytical mind that can envision things from many different angles.
 “$100 Challenge” Progress
This week I did the elevator pitch for William’s Water. It helped solidify my plans and goals. I think this will help going forward. It will also be a way to get additional donations as I talk to people about what I am doing. I have my marketing materials prepared and am going to launch sales next week. I just need to coordinate schedules with my employees.


No comments:

Post a Comment