An Updated Picture of the Huff Family
Entrepreneur Journal
Journal
In a business
class last semester we participated in a business simulation, Capsim. I really
enjoyed it and our team won the competition round. One of the things the
instructor kept reminding us was that in business (and especially this
simulation), debt was good. We were actually deducted points if or debt to
equity ratios were too low. He even mentioned that it goes against everything
we’ve learned in the gospel about debt. But, in business, there is a proper
role for it.
Testimony of
tithing. I really appreciated the gospel perspective to funding and business as
presented in the variety of material in this week’s lesson. I really liked the
little nuance in Elder Faust’s story about his grandfather paying his tithing
of hay during the Great Depression. I don’t know if very many people caught
that Elder Faust mentioned that the taxes were delinquent on the farm. At least
his grandfather had his priorities straight, first the Lord, then his family,
then the money grubbing government. I especially have felt the sentiments of on
of his congregation when Elder Faust was a bishop who said, “Bishop, this is a
full tithe and a little bit more, because that’s the way we have been blessed.”
I have an unshakeable testimony of the blessings of tithing because I have seen
the Lord bless and keep our family in our home and provide for our needs in
good times and in bad. I know this is a blessing of provident living and living
the law of the tithe.
“$100 Challenge” Progress
This week I completed
and submitted my funding summary plan for the $100 challenge. While putting
together the one page business plan last week and thinking about the goal for
my salespeople, I realized that I might run out of water bottles with just the two
cases I had already bought. So, on Wed. I picked up two more cases from Costco.
It wouldn’t do to give them a goal they could not achieve because they didn’t
have enough product!
No comments:
Post a Comment